• DAY 1
• Arrival in Temuco, Chile where you will be greeted at the airport and with our private transportation we will drive to town of Alumine. It takes approximately four hours to reach the town including border formalities. Welcome dinner and evening review of program. The days will be spent fishing on one of the great rivers in the Alumine region. Each day’s itinerary will be planned the previous evening with your fishing guide so that you will be familiar with your fishing destination and the appropriate gear to bring. These planning sessions will take place at our hotel each evening or on the river after dinner every day, where our guides will be happy to talk with you about next days fishing.
• DAY 2
• After 8:30 breakfast
we will drive 15 minutes to put in and float 12 mile Abra ancha section of the upper Alumine River. This section of the river is very beautiful with riffles and has lots of pockets to catch browns and rainbows. There are some rapids on the portion of the river as well. After we have lunch on the river we will con- tinue with fishing until appropriate time and 30 min drive will take us back to lodge for dinner.
• DAY 3
we will fish 14 mile Avispero /Pichi Leufu section of the upper Alumine river. A few minutes drive will take us to put in and we float this section, fish, have lunch and fish until late afternoon and drive back to Alu- mine for dinner. Evening discussion about fishing on the different sections of Alumine river.
Lanín National Park, named after the Lanin Volcano, is located to the southwest of the Neuquen Province, of the Republic of Argentina; bordered by Chile to the west and touching the Nahuel Huapi National Park in the southernmost region. The land measures 379,00 hectares (909,600 acres) and was created in 1937 with the purpose of preserving its ecosystems and nat- ural landscape. There are several unique species of trees that don't grow in other parts of Argentina; but in Lanin National Park. The "pehuen" (araucaria in Chile
), the "roble pellin" (type of endemic oak
), and the "rauli" (evergreen beech
). There are countless lakes and abundant rivers that empty into the Atlantic Ocean. Malalco and Calfiquitra rivers originates in Lanin National park and two of the prime rivers for trout fishing. We will spend two days wade fishing around these two rivers in beautiful Lanin national Park.
• DAY 4/6
• We will float and camp on the lower section of Alumine river for next two days. This stretch of the river runs be- tween Pilolil and Mallelo tributaries and has no road access and it is absolutely the most beautiful part of Alumine. It is rare to see other anglers on the lower section of this river. This ultimate fishing experience is accompanied by wonderful meals prepared by our guides.
• DAY 7
• Spend a full day fishing Raue-Colmenas section of the river and drive back to Alumine.
• DAY 8
• Fish full day on the upper section of the river.
• DAY 9
• Drive to Temuco for a flight to USA via Santiago de Chile
• TRIP DATE:
• Dec 27 - Jan 4
• Jan 5 -13
• Jan 14 - 22
• Jan 23 - 31
• Feb 1-9
• Feb 10 -18
• Feb 19 - 27
• March 1- 9
• March 10 - 18
• March 19 - 27